Discovering the Tastes of Tuscany – A Delectable Culinary Tour to Fiesole
|The gardens at the Villa di Maiano with Florence in the background.
|Fiesole in Tuscany just 5 kilometers outside Florence city centre.
|An impressionistic view of the surrounding Tuscan countryside in Fiesole.
|Villa di Maiano in Fiesole just outside Florence.
|Our fellow gastronomes indulging in the Tastes of Tuscany.
|Our lovely Tastes of Tuscany guide – Alice – it's a rough job, but someone's gotta do it!.
|Exquisitely manicured gardens surround the Villa di Maiano.
|Nearby Tuscan Villas.
|Hiking along the hilltops of Fiesole with sublime Tuscan settings surrounding us.
|Just one of the many villas you'll pass on your descent from the Villa di Maiano.
- Round-trip public transportation
- A visit to a Tuscan villa estate winery with wine tasting
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting with cheese and breads
- Guided tour through wine and olive oil cellars
- A walk through exquisite gardens on the estate
|The verdant manicured gardens at Villa di Maiano.
The second tour that closely resembles the one I experienced is the Perfect Morning in Tuscany tour. Priced at 55 Euros per person, this tour begins 8:30 A.M. and runs Tuesday and Thursday, Sunday available upon request. Lasting six or seven hours, this tour includes:
- Round-trip travel from Florence centre
- Two-hour hike along the Fiesole hilltops – this is a little more rigorous than the walk after lunch that I described above
- A guided-tour of Villa di Maiano
- A savory wine tasting and scrumptious Italian lunch served villa-side
This tour was my introduction to the gastronomic delights of Tuscany during my last visit to Florence. From that moment on, I became addicted to fabulous food and breathtaking views of the Tuscan countryside. Read more about my excursions under the Tuscan sun: