|This contest-winning photo was taken earlier this year in Edam, The Netherlands. It's more like a painting than a photograph and beckons artists with their canvases to capture its picturesque beauty.|
As you know, photography is an integral part of the mission and success of EuroTravelogue and nothing gives me greater pleasure than to share the visual romance in my articles in hopes of bringing to life my journeys for you! I know that when I read travel writing, the words on the page send my imagination soaring but I love to see captivating photography as well that lures me deeper into the travels of the writer.
Which brings me to the point of this post. A few weeks ago, I was asked to be one of five judges in the "City View" photography competition. Not only was I deeply honored that they selected me, but thrilled at the prospects of living vicariously through all of the visual euphoria of the upcoming submissions. Without a moment's delay, I said yes! Of the five categories that your photos will be judged, I will have the honor to select an "Honorable Mention" for that one photo that ignites photography bliss!
And so my friends, I bring to you the "City View" photography contest with FIVE chances to win exciting prizes including complete hotel packages at any of the Millennium Hotels in the UK. All you need to do is tweet your links and include a couple of hashtags. That's it! I know the talent is out there so show us what you've got!
Whether you are a keen photographer looking to showcase your best pictures, or you just love your city and want the world to know about it, enter the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels "City Views" competition, and share your passion with the world.
To take part in this competition, simply:
- Tweet the URL of your favorite city photograph that you have taken
- Include #CityView and @MillenniumEU so we can find them
- Entries are limited to ONE PHOTO EACH so make sure it's your BEST
End date: 31st October 2012
Entries to be judged across five categories and winners will each receive these fabulous prizes:
- Most Shared - Friday and Saturday night dinner, bed and breakfast for 2 people, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by - Millennium & Copthorne Hotels
- Most Dramatic - Friday and Saturday night bed and breakfast for 2 people and a bottle of wine on arrival, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – David Nightingale (chromasia.com)
- Most Creative - Friday and Saturday night bed and breakfast for 2 people, at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Ingrid Owens (beginnersphotographyblog.com)
- Honorable Mentions - £75 restaurant voucher, to be redeemed at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Jeff Titelius (eurotravelogue.com)
- Honorable Mentions - £50 restaurant voucher, to be redeemed at any Millennium & Copthorne hotel in the UK Winner chosen by – Victoria Brewood (pommietravels.com)
All accepted entries will be featured on the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels blog and your work will be credited. The most highly revered images will be used to create an article entitled "The World's Greatest City Views” and again, images will be fully credited.
And all winners and prizes will be posted right here on EuroTravelogue.com.
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels look forward to receiving your entries and wish you the best of luck!
Of course my friends, Terms and conditions apply so be sure to review all and hit us with your best shot!
Be sure to visit the "City View Competition" page, updated daily, with the latest and greatest submissions.